Users’ Rights Week 2020 Edition
The 2020 Edition of the Users’ Rights’ Week will be held from September 17 to September 25, 2020.
2019 English promotional material still available
For the 2019 edition of the Users’ Rights’ Week, RPCU offers two posters in English, a leaflet, inflatable balloons (various colors) and strings for balloons. Posters and leaflets are available in french. Posters: $1.50 each. Leaflets are sold in packages of 50, $30.00 each package. Poster format: 11″ x 17″. Taxes included. Shipping costs not included.
Ordering 2019 promotional material
How can you participate?
The Health and Social Services Network Users’ Rights Week is being held during the last week of September. This may not be convenient for everyone who would be called upon to participate, so it’s important to remember that activities can be organised at any time during the year. What’s important is to participate! The promotional materials for Users’ Rights Week are available at all times.
- Users can get information on their rights and get involved in a committee.
- Staff of the health and social services network can provide updates on its practices regarding users’ rights and obtain information about the Users’ or In-Patients’ committees within their facility.
- Health institutions can present the accomplishments of institutions and facilities with regards to the needs of users.
- Professional associations can raise awareness about their links with Users’ committees
- Community groups can raise awareness on users’ rights in their community and on the work accomplished by Users’ and In-patients’ committees.
- The Ministry of Health and Social Services can provide updates on improvements to the quality of health care and social services.
- Quality and Complaints Commissioners can get information on Users’ and In-patients’ committees.
For Users and In-patients’ committees:
- Inform the public about their role by organizing Open House days within their facility;
- Distribute promotional material to the users;
- Organize the General Meeting during this Open House week and invite the users;
- Organize a public lecture;
- Meet with management and staff of the facility to raise awareness on the rights of users;
- Participate in activities with the Complaint and Quality of Services Commissioner, the institution’s foundation or network of volunteers to raise awareness on the Users’ committee and its mandate;
- Suggest a training session or conference be given to committees’ members by the Regroupement provincial des comités des usagers (RPCU);
- Set up new initiatives;
- Take the opportunity to recruit new members;
- Raise awareness of users’ rights through local media;
- Issue a press release about the Users’ Rights’ Week.
About the Users’ Rights’ Week
The Users’ Rights’ Week (Semaine des droits des usagers du réseau de la santé et des services sociaux) is organised each year by the RPCU together with the Users and In-patients’ committees. It aims at informing users of their rights and highlighting the work carried out within Quebec’s health and social services institutions. Vigi Santé Group Ltd. was the initiator of the Users’ Rights Week in 2007.